RULES & REGULATIONS
All presentations will be recorded. Video presentations and photos taken during the MATIN Talks competitions will be posted online for marketing purposes to reach a broader Muslim audience. MSA-PSG and MATIN Talks reserves the right to use and distribute all media taken.
The competition (national) will proceed in two separate rounds:
Round 1 – In front of a panel of judges and a limited audience.
Round 2 – Participants selected from round one will move onto round two which will take place in front of another panel of judges and a larger audience.
Previous MATIN Talks participants can come back the following year, however, the talk must be on a different topic or an update of the idea previously presented.
No Age Limit, anyone can apply to speak at MATIN Talks.
Group presentations are permitted with a limit of 2 persons per group.
Children under the age of 13 can participate in groups of 2-3.
- Islamic dress code will be enforced.
- Content theme must be Islamic in nature.
- No logos or advertising on clothing.
- Presentation should not exceed 12 minutes.
- Presentation should use effective visual aids: PowerPoint, Prezi software.
- Short clips may be used with prior approval, however movies in presentation are not allowed.