RULES & REGULATIONS
All presentations will be recorded. Video presentations and photos taken during the MATIN Talks competitions will be posted online for marketing purposes to reach a broader Muslim audience. MSA-PSG and MATIN Talks reserves the right to use and distribute all media taken.
Previous MATIN Talks participants can come back the following year. However, the talk must be on a different topic or an update of the idea previously presented.
There is no age limit. Anyone can apply to speak at MATIN Talks.
Group presentations are permitted with a limit of 2 persons per group.
The Juniors Division comprises applicants aged 18 and younger. Applicants older than 18 compete in the Adult Division.
We reserve the right to disqualify any participants that do not adhere to the rules and guidelines set forth.
- Islamic dress code will be enforced.
- Content theme must be Islamic in nature.
- No logos or advertising on clothing.
- Presentation should not exceed 8 minutes.
- Presentation should use effective visual aids (e.g., Google Slides, PowerPoint, Prezi software).
- Short clips may be used with prior approval, however movies in presentation are not allowed.
MATIN Talks Nationals will proceed in two separate rounds for both the juniors and adult divisions:
Round 1 – Presentations are given in front of a panel of judges during a closed off competition.
Round 2 – Participants selected from round one will move onto round two which will take place in front of another panel of judges and open to the public audience.